Sunday, August 6, 2017

Chatting with Author Amy Marie

Thank you for agreeing to an interview,  I am so happy to be working with you. 

*So you were just in Baltimore, MD  for the #SaSS17 Naughty Sirens Weekend. How did you like the area?  
I loved what I saw of the area. I've never been to Baltimore and so it was great to go somewhere new! I spent a lot of time in the hotel so I didn't see all that much

*How much fun did you have at the event? 
I had a blast! The Sexy and Sassy signing is always epic. A weekend long event with some amazing authors and readers...you can't go wrong. I co-plan the SaSS event with Lisa Sproat from the Literary Gossip and it's our baby. We're headed back down to Norfolk, Va July 2018!

*What moved you to write more on the saucy side?  For those 18+
Back in 2013 I went to the Naughty Mafia Rocks Vegas signing in Las Vegas and I just fell in love with the authors and readers. When I got back home I started to think about maybe starting a blog with my best friend and then the more we talked it started t morph into me writing a book I thought I would want to read myself. So, instead of the blog I write about sexy men and sultry women.

*Where do you do most of your writing?
I do most of my writing on my couch with my feet kicked up. I have to have close to no noise. No kids. No music. No husband. Just me and my computer and my book friends, lol.

*When writing, are you a planner or just go with the flow?
When I write I go with the flow. There have been too many times where I think a chapter should go one way but then it spirals and the characters do whatever they want. So, I gave up on planning but when it gets close to the end of the book I start to plot out everything I want to make sure I wrap up.

*Where do you find your inspiration? 
I find my inspiration everywhere. My first book I got it when I was at the gym. The second was while I was in line at a Starbucks. SEVEN's inspiration came from how many LIKES a page had...seven and I knew I needed to write something darker with it.

*Out of all your characters, who would you like to meet for drinks?
This is a hard one. For a woman, I would love to meet Noelle (from Undone) for drinks. She is always a good time and has the dirtiest mind. I just love it. For a male character it would have to be Ryder from Undeniable. I don't know what it is about him but he is my favorite guy of them all!

*Tell us about your newest release?  
I released CASEN this past June. It was a year in the making and the conclusion to the cliff hanger SEVEN from May 2016. Where SEVEN is about Karma coming back for you, CASEN is about Karma's redemption and truly getting what you deserve.

*What app on your phone do you use the most?
I think it's a tie between Facebook and Yahoo. I check FB and my email constantly. LOL.

*What was the last book you read? 
The last book I read was The Brightest Sunset by Aly Martinez. LOVED it and so glad I didn't have to wait long since I read Darkest Sunrise this past week as well.



*What was your favorite book as a child?
My favorite book as a child was anything by Judy Blume. I loved her!

Amy Marie was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago and now resides in Virginia Beach with her fantastically crazy husband and two kids.

As an avid reader, she never dreamed of writing her own novel until the characters started haunting her at night and in the shower. Wanting to get it down on paper she set off on the journey that is more than she could have ever dreamed. 

When not writing she can be found carting her kids around, breaking up their fights, cleaning up messes, teaching Zumba, or reading.
(from Amazon)

Twitter @AuthorAmyMarie
IG @AuthorAmyMarie
SnapChat @AuthorAmyMarie
Amazon Author Page:  http://amzn.to/2fdez4o

Image may contain: one or more people and text

No comments:

Post a Comment