Sunday, August 30, 2015

Erica's Review: The Fences Between Us: The Diary of Piper Davis by Kirby Larson


7886561

Hardcover313 pages
Published September 1st 2010 by Scholastic Press

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/7886561-the-fences-between-us




Newbery Honor author Kirby Larson brings us the first new Dear America diary in years, taking readers through the attack on Pearl Harbor, the start of World War II, and the Japanese incarceration. 

With this sweeping tale of life on the World War II homefront, Newbery Honor author Kirby Larson brings her incredible talent to the Dear America series. When Pearl Harbor is attacked, America is finally unable to ignore the wars raging in Europe and Asia any longer. And one girl's entire life is about to change when everything she knows is turned on its head. After the devastating attack on Pearl Harbor, where her brother, a navy sailor, is stationed, Piper Davis begins chronicling her compelling journey through one of history's most tragic and unforgettable eras.



Barnes and Noble:  http://bit.ly/1fOlnjv


I thought that this book was vary well written. Also I thought that it was sad because when it said that it took all the Japaneses people to a camp to live in during the war I thought that was wrong because they had done nothing wrong when they were living in the U.S. Overall this book was a well written book with great details and the dairy entries were vary well placed as far as the story gos. When I was reading this book I was at school and when I was reading it many times I would have to put the book down to do my school work. Most of the time I thought of how the sad the people must have been vary sad but the book once gain was vary good.













No comments:

Post a Comment