Thursday, May 15, 2014

Review: Make Me by Amanda Heath

18552831

Paperback, 238 pages
Published November 14th 2013 by Createspace


""Make me, Channing. Make me fall. Push me, shove me, just make sure I get there." I shout at him, taking a step back. His eyes clash with mine. I read the challenge there, making me take another step back. He stalks the few steps to me and grabs my arms slamming his forehead down on mine, "I'll make you." His lips skim against mine as he continues to speak, "And I'll be falling right there with you."" Paisley Vaughn grew up on the wrong side of the tracks. After finding her mother dead from an overdose, Paisley and her baby sister are shipped off to live with her maternal grandparents. She always knew they were rich, she just didn't realize how rich they were. Now she's being forced to go to a prestigious high school. One where the tuition is more money then she's ever seen. Thinking these rich kids are going to be snobbish and rude, she's surprised to find the Vaughn name means she's untouchable. Well unless your name is Channing Southerland. Paisley has to navigate her new life and all the new people in it. While her mother might have lied about her grandparents, no one is lying about Channing. He's beautiful, mean, arrogant, and turning her on. Before long a war is fought, leaving Paisley wondering if she'll be ruined or made. Though she might just fall irrevocably in love.



WOW!! This book was freaking ahhh-mazing!!! I did NOT want it to end!!

Paisley Vaughn's life has been anything but easy for as long as she can remember. Her drug addicted mother could care less about anything around her as long as she gets her fix leaving Paisley alone to take care of herself and her 2 year old sister Bee-Bee. All Paisley wants to do is finish high school so she can get a job and get her and Bee-Bee out of there to try and have a normal life. All that changes when she comes home from school one day to find her mother has OD'd and a wealthy grandmother she was told never wanted them shows up to take Paisley and Bee-Bee home to live with her. Paisley soon learns things that will totally rock her world. How will she take it all?

Channing freaking Southerland.....HOLLLY SWOON!! There were times when I didn't know if I wanted to strangle him or love him. Him and Paisley had such such an intense love/hate relationship but I thought it was so flipping awesome!! I just could not get enough. As bad and hard as he tried to be or come across as, he was also just as loving and sweet when it came to Paisley. He never wanted a relationship with anyone but he knew Paisley had changed all that in him and he was determined that she would be his no matter what.

"Make me, Channing. Make me fall. Push me, shove me, just make sure I get there." I shout at him, taking a step back. His eyes clash with me. I read the challenge there, making me take another step back. He stalks the few steps to me and grabs my arms slamming his forehead down on mine. "I'll make you." His lips skim against mine as he continues to speak. "And I'll be falling right there with you."

When the real truth finally comes out about Paisley's mom, dad and grandmother will she be able to handle it or will she push everyone around her away? Will she be able to live without Channing in her life?

As much as I loved Paisley and Channing, I also loved the whole gang. They were all such great secondary characters. I loved the fun banter they all had between each other and I can't wait to get more on each and everyone of them. The next book in this series is suppose to be on Royal and Wesley and I absolutely cannot wait!!!

Goodreads





No comments:

Post a Comment