Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Candi's Review: Shattered Promises by J.R. Grant


17987208

ebook
Published May 3rd 2014 
 

In a perfect world, Lani Foster had it all; wonderful, supportive parents, two adorable little boys, an amazing husband whom she loved fiercely, and an unbreakable bond with her best friend, Parker, no one can tear apart.

But Lani never realized being happy would cost her years of pain, until tragedy strikes the Foster family, leaving her left hanging by a thread, questioning everything around her.
Lies are exposed and secrets are brought to surface, destroying the one person who just wanted to feel loved- to be happy.

What do you do when you find out your marriage was nothing but a lie? Do you stand by the one person who abolishes your world? Or do you let go, and leave everything behind to start all over again?


Shattered Promises is about learning how to survive after the storm pulls you away. Everyone deserves a second chance to be happy, it's finding the special one to stand by your side and hold you in the rain.


OH MY, AHHH-MAZING!!! I freaking loved this book!!! I started this late at night which was a HUGE mistake for me bc I could NOT put it down till I reached the end!!! There are so many twists and turns you just can't wait to see what will happen next.

Lani thought her life was perfect. She is married to her childhood sweetheart and has two healthy happy little boys. Kade is the love of her life but she is about to learn things aren't always what they seem.

Kade....OMG he made me so darn mad in this book I just wanted to jump thru my kindle and beat the man. I could not believe some of the things he said and done to Lani after all she has done for him. I was cheering like crazy when Parker had his "talk" with him!!

Parker....HOLLLYY SWOOONN!! I loved him!! He was such an amazing and sweet friend to Lani. They have been best friends since they were babies. I really wish he would have been able to tell Lani his true feeling for her before Kade stepped in the picture but I was so glad he finally got his chance to in the end. I loved that he has always called her his "Princess"

"I need you, Lani. I need you like I need air to breathe. I want to spend right now, until the end of eternity, loving you and being with you."

~~~~~~

"I know your scared shitless, I can see it. I see the real you, Lani, I always have. So, go ahead and fall, Princess, I'll catch you. I've never left your side, not once, and I never plan on it. When you feel lost, I'll help you find your way. I'll make you feel desired. There will never be a day that goes by where you'll feel disliked again. If I haven't proved it by now, after all this time, then I'll show you ever single day, for as long as you need to be reassured."

Will Lani be able to trust her heart to love again once Kade breaks it? When Parker finally tells her his true feelings how will she handle it? Will it change their relationship for good or bad?

The epilogue...Amazing!!!! I just could not get enough and I was so sad to know the book was end but what a great way to go out....

It's moments like this that aren't replaceable. You can't take the ones you love, the people you care about, or time on earth for granted. I made the worst mistake of my life by never telling Lani how I felt. So many years wasted, so much time had passed. It was only by the grace of God she and Kade split up, or I would have never been given the chance to love her, a chance to have a family, and a future together. I could not have lost the love of my life forever.

This book will have your emotions all over the place but trust me, it is a good thing. The things you learn will have your jaw dropping and leave you biting your nails wondering what is going to happen next!! All I can say now is GO ONE CLICK THIS AWESOME BOOK!!!! You will not regret it!!

Fantastic job JR Grant on such an amazing and beautiful story!!! I will not be one of your stalkers trying to patiently wait for your next book to be released!! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment