Monday, April 14, 2014

Review: When the Music Ends by J. Kaye Smith

21800987

Kindle Edition, 390 pages
Published March 29th 2014 by J. Kaye Smith 


Sebastian Bellini is a man scarred by a tragic past. Successful and wealthy, he's learned to keep his heart behind stone walls until Mia McGuire walks into his life. Trapped by her low self esteem, Mia feels trapped in an abusive relationship and doesn't know what love is until she makes a devilish deal with the renowned Bellini, making her a pawn between him and Manny Travaris, her abusive fiancée. Although, she and Sebastian have extreme opposite views on the very nature and meaning of love, it doesn’t stop her from falling deeply in love with him. The hopelessness of Sebastian having the same feelings for her weighs heavy on her spirit, knowing he was just as damaged by life as she was. How could she think she’d be the one to save him when she was barely treading water herself. When the Music Ends is the first book in the Bellini series. The second book, A Song Interrupted will be released in August, 2014.
 
 
 
 
 I was honored to receive this ARC by the talented author J. Kaye Smith for my honest review. Once I started this book it was so hard to put down. I loved Mia but my heart also broke for her as well. I loved the fact that the more I read the stronger she got.

Sebastian.....HOLY SWOON!!! He was such a great alpha male who had that mystery to him. I loved the fact that even though he tries to keep himself cut off from everyone there is just something about Mia he can not resist. Once these two got together...my kindle was smoking!!! I loved seeing their relationship progress.

I also loved the secondary story with Ricci and Maureen. My heart broke for Maureen. She has been through so much hurt and pain. I can't wait to read more on these two as well. I love seeing these big bad strong alpha males melt when it comes to a great woman!!

I was so mad when I got to the ending I just kept trying to turn the page but it wouldn't work!! I need book 2 NOW!!! J Kaye Smith..I will be stalking you and your page until I get book 2 on my kindle!!
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment