Friday, March 21, 2014

Review: The Harder I Fall by Jessica Gibson

20619405

Kindle Edition, 215 pages
Published February 20th 2014 
 
 
Becca Langer was not a normal girl, she didn't have normal girl problems. For most of her life, she’s had to take care of herself, her younger brother Chad, and her drunk mother. She’s lived under the shadow of what her father did when she was ten years old. Forever branded by his actions.

College was her escape, she could get away and finally live. Her dream was to make it in the New York Ballet Company one day. That for her meant a long road full of hard work and dedication. She didn't have time for distractions, and Levi Klein was definitely a distraction.

Will Levi be able to crack through her tough exterior and really see the wounded soul underneath? Becca needs to be loved, but the question is, will she let Levi love her?




WOW, what an awesome book!! I loved it!! My heart broke for Becca from the start. Her life has not been an easy one. The guilt over her younger sister Frannie's death at the hands of her father follows her daily. She is getting ready to head off to college but is reluctant to leave her 15 year old brother Chad alone with their alcoholic mother who shows no love for her kids at all.

The only good thing Becca has ever had in her life is her love for ballet that is until she gets to college and meets Levi. He has an instant connection with Becca even though she tries to push him away. He is determined to break down her walls.

"What if I let myself fall for you and there's no one there to catch me?" She whispered.

"Becca, I will always catch you when you fall." He said as he leaned in and kissed her.


As Becca struggles with her past, will Levi be able to break down the walls she tries so hard to keep up? Will he be able to get her to admit that she loves him or will he be forced to walk away?

"You promised you would always catch me; you said you would never let me fall."
"That's the thing, Becca. I can't catch you if you don't take the leap. I've been waiting this whole time with open arms, and you never jumped. My arms are tired. I just can't hold them up anymore."


The secondary characters in this book were awesome. I love how everyone took Becca in and treated her as if they were family. Levi's family was the greatest!! The epilogue of this book was so great!! I can't wait for book 2 which will be on Becca's brother Chad. There is so much more about him I need to know and hopefully we will get more of Becca and Levi in it :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment