Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Review: The Pursuit of Marriage by Victoria Alexander

Amazon



Book Description:

What lengths would a young lady go to in her pursuit of the perfect match?

And how far would a gentleman go to stop her?

Cassandra Effington is one of the most delicious debutantes to ever waltz across a London ballroom. But while her identical twin sister Delia is now wed, Cassandra is still unclaimed, and everyone agrees her standards are entirely too high. So how could she possibly lose a most unseemly wager with the handsome, scandalous Viscount Berkley? The proposition: She will find him an ideal bride well before he finds her the perfect match.

But Lord Berkley intends to be very hard to please. He's already chosen the right woman, and no lady Cassandra puts forward to him will be perfect enough save the luscious Cassandra herself. And he'll do whatever it takes to make certain no gentleman he introduces her to is enticing enough, until she realizes that the perfect object in her pursuit of marriage is none other than the viscount himself.

Paperback, 400 pages
Published May 25th 2004 by Avon (first published 2004)
ISBN
006051762X (ISBN13: 9780060517625)
edition language
English
original title
The Pursuit of Marriage (Effingtons, Book 8)
setting: London, England, 1821 (United Kingdom)



My Review:

At first I just couldn't get into this book,so I put it down for quite some time.  I think it was more because I was burnt out on the genre. But I did pick it back up and finish it!
I am happy I decided to finish this book.  It made me laugh so much.
I fell in love with Viscount Berkley and all his little plans.
Remember even the best laid plans fail!
Cassandra Effington is very outspoken, I connected with her.  She has always wanted to marry "Lord Perfect".  But as she is now realizing Lord Perfect is perfectly hard to find and may not be what she wants after all!
This story will have you giggling throughout! A terrific reads

No comments:

Post a Comment