Friday, January 25, 2013

Snowy weekend



Well, its a snowy weekend here.  That means bundling up and staying warm! Cuddling up with a book and some coffee.  Ok, so I won't really get to do much of that.  I have to take the little one out to play in the snow while I freeze my tushy off!  So, I don't know why the pictures look like its almost dark out.  Its just 4pm, so its still plenty daylight out.  But here you go, this is what it looks like here where I am.
This is our side yard, and neighbor's driveway
Right in front of the house.
We live on a fairly main road, this is the road coming down in front of our house

I am not a winter gal, I love me some heat and sunshine.  I would rather be sweating it out in the sun than freezing, bundled up inside.  But I do have some warm snow clothes to layer on, so in just a little bit I will be heading outside to play. 
Later though, I have some great books to read.  My kindle is loaded up!  Right now, I am reading Amanda DeWees- Sea of Secrets.  I will have the review up for this later this weekend.  Great book, run out or log on and get yourself a copy!

I am making myself another pot of coffee, not to get energy but to stay warm!!!
So my lovely friends, what are you reading this weekend?  Whats the weather like?

11 comments:

  1. Hi!

    I am finishing up A Game of Thrones: A Spng of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin tonight. I think I am going to read The Passing Bells by Phillip Rock next.

    The weather is sunny and in the low 50s here in Romance, Arkansas today.

    Have a good reading weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, right now even I would take 50 degrees to the the 18 here!!

      Enjoy your book(s) and happy reading weekend to you too! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. It's 20 degrees here in Toledo, Ohio, and we have snow and will probably end up with an inch or two.

    I'm reading A Pug's Tale by Alison Pace about pugs and a painting stolen from the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I may also start reading Death on Telegraph Hill by Shirley Tallman, a historical mystery that I got from the library. Or I may read Thread on Arrival by Amanda Lee.

    I like the cover of the book you're reading so I'll have to look it up on Amazon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, sounds like some good books!
      The book I am reading is a Historical Romance with secrets. Not like the other ones out there where the lady gets kidnapped or something.
      You should definitely look it up on Amazon.

      Delete
  3. I have SO many books to read it's not even funny. I finished The Long Way Home by Mariah Stewart yesterday. I'm now in the process of reading A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett, she's VERY funny. I'm also reading a romantic suspense called Accidental Affair by Leslie McKelvey. I know I shouldn't read two books at one time, but I have a deadline.

    Okay, fine... I'm just having trouble focusing. I'm like the dog from Up, "squirrel". Yeah.

    But here it's cold and raining, which is what everyone here calls winter. But you're where it snows, so 60 degrees is warm to you.

    Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read 2 books at a time, so does my mom. So don't you worry about it, as long as you can keep them straight.

      I hate cold and rainy too.
      Sounds like you got some good books too, happy reading.

      Delete
  4. It is currently 46F but is expected to get into the mid to upper 60's today :-) Just finished First Destroy All Giant Monsters (The World Wide Witches Research Association) by D.L. Carter OMG loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's freezing here I think it's 20 degrees. We had a little snow yesterday but not enough to even really play in. I just finished reading Warm Bodies. I wanted to read it after seeing the movie previews it was really good! Now I'm reading Vain by Fisher Amelie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adrienne, I know you aren't that far from me. Surprising you didn't get much snow!
      Enjoy your books! Let me know if you want to borrow any more kindle books my friend.

      Delete
  6. northern japan here...cold..cold..cold..snow everywhere..and i hate it..*lol* i'm from arizona..so this sux!! i'm reading jr ward's black dagger series..sooo good!! hot hero vamps.. can't beat it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, everyone has some good books. A wide verity of different things to read.
    Thank you for sharing what you are reading!

    ReplyDelete