Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Alice Parker's Metamorphosis

Alice Parker's Metamorphosis by Nicola Palmer
 
Buy on Amazon
 Book Description:
Thirteen-year-old Alice Parker knows something isn't right; mysterious aches and pains, a craving for sugar that’s out of control. Suddenly she is top of the class in every subject.

Baffled by what is happening to her and feeling at odds with the world, Alice can't take much more. Only when she collapses and experiences a life-changing transformation does she discover why she is different.

But this new, incredible identity brings its own challenges and Alice isn't convinced she can rise to them. She just wants to be normal!

The fact is she's anything but...



My Review:
I was given this book by the author for an honest review.
I was engrossed by page 40, and I'm an adult. This book is classed as middle-grade read, but good for all.
Alice Parker is a 13 yr old going through some changes, but not normal teenage changes.  The story includes some mystery, an underground village and fantasy.
The story also teaches young teens a great lesson after Alice befriends a snobby girl at school.  She learns that being nice goes along way and that people aren't always how they seem in front of others.  She learns that Lucinda is actually a nice person.
Finished this story quickly, I just wanted to keep reading. Looking forward to the second book.

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm I think I wouldn't enjoy MG reads in general but there are books that manage to break age brackets. At least you had fun with this one, the last one I tried bored me a bit. I wouldn't say what book but I'm happy to see you didn't have a similar experience with this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The author of this book actually gave it to my daughter to read and review, but I thought I should give it a read as well. I didn't think I would like MG either, but this was cute.

      Delete